OIAMFS Spring Newsletter & Supportive Information To Benefit Your Child
The school held Celebration Assemblies this week to recognise all the hard work, excellent attendance and outstanding behaviour demonstrated by students during the Spring Term.
Students who received the award of ‘Values Champion’ should feel particularly proud as they were nominated by staff as student role models.
Lots of activities have taken place during this term including: the Year 7 & 8 Residential to Howtown in the Lake District; Year 9 Options; Year 10 Boys Football Team winning the League; Year 11 Geography Field Trip in York; and mock examinations. Details of these and other events during the term can be found in the newsletter on our website. Click here to view the Spring newsletter.
Please note the following dates for next term:
- Monday 17th April - school opens for all students
- Friday 21st April - Staff Training Day/Eid. School closed to students
- Monday 24th April - non-uniform day
- Thursday 27th April - Year 8 Parent/Carers’ Evening (4-6pm)
- Monday 1st May - School closed for the Bank Holiday
- Monday 8th May - School closed for the Coronation Bank Holiday
- Thursday 11th May - Year 7 Parent/Carers’ Evening (4-6pm)
- Monday 15th May - GCSE Exams begin
- Friday 26th May - school closes for half-term break.
We have also attached a letter from the Local Authority about the importance of school attendance. As a school we support their actions as we know that good attendance contributes to good or better outcomes for students. Click here to view the letter.
It has been a pleasure this term to see and speak to so many of you at the Parent/Carers’ Evenings and Parent Forums. Your investment in your children’s education is the reason why so many achieved rewards this week. Thank you for your continued support.
I hope you all have a relaxing and enjoyable holiday.
Check out some of the news stories from our website that you might have missed this half-term!
Grab a seat, sit back, relax, and enjoy browsing!
- “I AM RESILIENT!” - Outward Bound Residential Inspires The Class Of 2023
- The Lord Mayor of Bradford visits our school to discuss ‘environmental sustainability’ with students.
- Celebrating The Pleasure Of Reading On World Book Day 2023 (And Beyond!)
- Champions of Bradford! Congratulations year 10 boys football team
- Lord Mayor of Bradford invites student council to participate in ‘Local Democracy Workshop’ at City Hall!
- Year 11 GCSE Geography field trip takes students to the historic city of York
- Students visit University of York to collaborate with six schools in national ‘FSM’ research project!
Other supportive information that you might find useful:
- NHS Parent Support Group - Tuesday 18th April 2023 Topic: “Supporting your child: Exam Stress”. Click here for more details.
- Wake Up Wednesday - our weekly online safety newsletter. Click here for more details.
- Helping Hands Spring Festival (Raising money to help support Foodbank - 15th May 2023. Click here for more details.