Business Studies (Enterprise and Marketing)
At Key Stage 4, students can choose to study Enterprise and Marketing (J819). This course helps students to develop applied knowledge and practical skills in Enterprise and Marketing and is designed with both practical and theoretical elements, which will prepare students for further study of qualifications in Enterprise, Marketing or Business.
The course is broken down into three units:
- Enterprise and Marketing Concepts
- Designing a Business Proposal
- Market and pitch a Business Proposal
In order to support individual students throughout their course, with a view to consolidating prior learning and ensuring maximum progress, the department offers extracurricular revision and coursework sessions, as required. The department will also organise sessions prior to exams which will focus on exam paper structure, key reminders for dealing with different types of questions and focusing on business topics/issues.
Results are awarded as follows:
- Distinction* at Level 2 (*2), Distinction at Level 2 (D2), Merit at Level 2 (M2), Pass at Level 2 (P2)
- Distinction at Level 1 (D1), Merit at Level 1 (M1), Pass at Level 1 (P1)
What Parents/Carers can do to help:
Your child has been given a Knowledge Organiser for each topic they study. This summarises the key information they must know if they are to be successful in this subject. Please encourage them to learn this off by heart and revise topics regularly.
The OCR website has detailed information about the specification, past papers, examiners reports. These can be accessed by the following web link:
Useful Resources and Revision Support
- BBC Bitesize: https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/subjects/zpsvr82
- Quizlet: https://quizlet.com/subject/gcse-business-studies/
- Tutor2U: https://www.tutor2u.net/business