Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL): Danny Forrest
Chair of Charity Trustees: Mark Pilling
Charity CEO/ Co-founder: Wayne Jacobs
Telephone Switchboard: 01274 723439
Email Address: email@example.com
Address: One In A Million Charity, Suite 20, Bantams Business Centre, Bradford City FC, Burlington Street, Bradford, BD8 7DY.
All Community Activators are DSL qualified and operate as Deputy Safeguarding Officers.
One In A Million Charity fully recognises its responsibilities for keeping its children and young people safe. We are committed to safeguarding aims that create a culture of vigilance.
Our policies apply to all staff, coaches, trustees and volunteers working in the community and visitors to one of our Hubs.
There are six main elements to our safeguarding policy and procedures are:
- Ensuring we practice safer recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children
- Raising awareness of child protection issues and equipping children and young people with the skills needed to keep them safe – this includes issues such as grooming into extremist thinking or into Child Sexual Exploitation
- Developing and then implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse and/or radicalisation
- Supporting children and young people who have been abused in accordance with his/her agreed child protection plan
- Establishing a safe environment in which children and young people can learn and develop.
- Providing appropriate annual training and guidance for all staff in identifying and reporting all Safeguarding concerns.