Parent/Carers: proposal to change the length of the school day
12th May 2023
Re: Proposal to change the length of the School Day
Dear Parents and Carers,
I am writing to inform you of some proposed changes to the structure of the school day here at One In A Million Free School. They are:
- Adding ten minutes to registration time to support the delivery of our assembly programme and the development of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Adding five minutes to the morning break to support the wellbeing of students and staff.
Should the changes be approved, they will come into force from 4th September 2023.
The proposed changes will mean that school day will be:
- 8:15 am to 2:45 pm for Key Stage 3 students Monday to Friday.
- 8:15 am to 2:45 pm for Key Stage 4 students on Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
- 8:15 am to 3:45 pm for key Stage 4 students on Wednesday and Thursday.
I believe that these changes will be beneficial to the school community, and will have a positive effect on your child’s education.
The information in this letter has also been sent to the local authority and enrichment providers. We will make sure to work together so that there is minimal disruption.
I appreciate that these changes may affect you in terms of childcare or working arrangements, and in terms of your child’s education. For this reason, I would like to invite you to give your feedback by sending your response to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, there will be an opportunity to discuss the changes at the Parent Forum meeting on Thursday 18th May (5:30 - 6:30pm).
I will confirm the results of the consultation by Friday 23rd June via a letter.