OIAMFS Guidance For Families: National Strike Action - Wednesday 1st February
You may be aware from media coverage that the National Education Union has declared strike action, which will take place on Wednesday 1st February 2023. The strike is happening because of a national dispute between the unions and the government over teachers’ pay and conditions. It is not because of any issues at our school.
As a school we are making every effort to minimize any disruption.
We are very sorry however for those of you who may still have to make alternative arrangements for your child at short notice.
This letter is to provide you with as much notice as possible about our arrangements for Wednesday 1st February 2023:
- Students in Years 7, 10 and 11 must attend school as usual.
- Students in Year 7 must attend school in their PE kit.
- School will close at 2:30pm for students. There will be no Lesson 6 or Enrichment sessions on this day.
- Students in Years 8 and 9 must remain at home and access learning on GCSEPod and Sparx Maths.
- Mr Gallagher will contact Parent/Carer of specific students in Years 8 and 9 who we would like to invite into school on this day.
- A packed lunch will be provided for students in Years 8 and 9 who are in receipt of free school meals. This will be given out as students leave school on Tuesday afternoon.
We fully understand that this can be a little frustrating. Although this is out of our control we are working closely with union representatives to keep up to date with the situation and we will inform you as soon as possible of the arrangements for future strike dates.
Please note at the moment these are planned nationally for: February 28th, 15th and 16th March 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact: School on 01274 723439. Email: Info@Oneinamillion.org.uk
Jane Hobbs - Acting Principal